Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Teaching Experience at Snow College!

Well last week I went to my business finance class and my professor asked me what I thought about having to take over the class for Professor Johnson the next week. I told him I had no idea what he was talking about and just laughed. I told him I had had Johnson earlier that day and he didn't say anything about it. I thought he was completely pulling my leg so I didn't think much about it...but when I went to my next class with Johnson he asked me to go and talk to him for a minute. When I went up there all he had to say was "hey i'm not going to be here next week" and I knew EXACTLY what he was going to say next... "do you mind taking over just for a couple days?" ha ha ha yeah I know I about died! He handed me a big envelope with all the stuff in it for all four of the classes! Well it actually ended up not being too bad, but I never want to be a college professor...or a teacher. I thought teachers had it easy, but boy was I wrong. It's a hard job for sure! Turns out he's not going to be back until Monday! So much for just a couple days right! ha ha!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow I'm so confused. Does everyone have to fill in at some point? Why you? Were you teaching fellow classmates? Way to go though for earning the trust of your professor to leave his class in your hands!

The Tomlinsons said...

WOW!! That is so amazing. That is such an honor to have your teacher ask you. Way Cool!

Ashley and Hallie said...

Oh Frodo! Welcome to the teacher's life! That still cracks me up, but I'm sure you did a great job. I do have to say though, if I had the discipline to go to 4 more years of school I think I would love being a college professor! Then I could ask you for some tips. :)

Jaclyn said...

Wow-- that makes my day. I bet you were great-- I would love to have been there to see you in action!